- Must be 10 years old
- Must be able to swim and tread water for minimum 10 minutes
CostThe price of the course is $225 (when included in previously scheduled class) $299 per diver for multiple divers (2 or more), $399 per diver for a private (single private instruction) and includes instructor fees, certification card and photo, all rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD, regulator, wet suit) with the exception of personal gear. * Personal gear is considered to be your mask, snorkel, and fins and those are available for sale at the shop if needed. Students receive 15% off any items purchased in the shop(lead excluded). Your instructor will be available to personally fit you for any gear that you may need for the class. * Wetsuits are available for rent. Personal gear is available for rent. Dive site fees are not included.
- Reservations are required.
- Medical form form must be completed. If there is a "yes" answer to any medical questions you must obtain a physicians approval to take the class.
- Minimum age is 10, and those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature. Junior Open Water License will be issued to those under the age of 15.
- Classes are paid in full when enrolling.
- You must be able to swim 200 yards using any stroke or combination of stokes you choose and be able to tread water for 10 minutes.
- All must complete a Student Record File.
- All must complete a Liability & Release Form.
- Those under 18 must veiw the Youth Responsibility & Risks Flipchart!
- Those under 18 must complete a Youth Diver Form with parent or guardian.
- Please bring your completed Referral Letter from your instructor at home, along with the completed forms from above with you to our dive shop or dive site! Read the Manatee do's & dont's before interacting with them!
Your first day, you will complete Open Water Dives #1 & 2.
Usually, these will be conducted at a local dive site(freshwater site).
These locations enable us to complete many of the skills from shore to facilitate completion. Day two you will complete your dives #3 & 4, in the Gulf of Mexico(weather permitting) or a freshwater site to be announced. Although we plan some of our dive excursions from boats, inclement weather may force us to dive in alternate land based locations for the sole purpose of being able to complete your dive training. Most day's dives will be completed by 12.00 noon.
You will receive a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your PADI certification card on line so you will get your permanent license in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world. You will also be qualified to take the PADI Advanced class as well numerous specialty classes like wreck diver and underwater photographer.
All students that graduate will receive a $25 credit towards the next class.
The fun part about this course is...well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you'll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.