- Must be 10 years old
- Must be able to swim and tread water for minimum 10 minutes
Phone # & e-mail in notes to send out your E-link.
The cost is $379.99 per person, which includes your PADI Open Water Diver E- Crew-pack. Dive tables, Log Book, Certification card, Pool dives and SCUBA rental gear (tanks, BCD, regulator, wetsuit) with the exception of personal gear. Shipping fees cover sending items out to your location.
* Personal gear is considered to be your mask, snorkel, fins, lead weights, booties. These are available for sale at our store. Students receive 15% off any items purchased in the shop(lead excluded). Your instructor will be available to personally fit you for any gear that you may need for the class.
* Wetsuits are available for rent!
Dive site fees are NOT included!
- Reservations are required.
- Medical form form must be completed. If there is a "yes" answer to any medical questions you must obtain a physicians approval to take the class.
- Minimum age is 10, and those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature. Junior Open Water License will be issued to those under the age of 15.
- Classes are paid in full when enrolling.
- You must be able to swim 200 yards using any stroke or combination of stokes you choose and be able to tread water for 10 minutes.
Gear Needed for this Course
If you've always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wonderous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world's most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. Want to start sooner? How about right now! Click on the above link and you can do all the academic work, quizzes and final exam on-line in the comfort of your home..or anywhere with an Internet connection. When you have completed the e-learning portion you then will only need to complete the water training with us to complete the class.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives(pool dives) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you've participated in a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification. This popular course is about the quickest and easiest way to get PADI Scuba Certified with Adventures Under the Sea Dive Center.
The fun part about this course is...well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you'll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver and stay safe. During the course, you'll make several pool dives and at least four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
This popular class starts every month and finishes in three weeks.
Step 1: Pay for your class. You will receive your e-learning link.
Step 2:Complete ALL the learning portions(1-5 & final exam) of the class in the comfort of your home (or anywhere).
Step 3: Once E-learning is completed & PRIOR to the first pool session, you will need to COMPLETE THE ORIENTATION NIGHT(EVENING BEFORE POOL) to complete academic review and course orientation session with our staff at A.U.T.S. Dive Center. Here you will take a quick, 20-question quiz to make sure it was you who completed the online course, and go over where you need to go and what you need to do to complete the course. (This is also a good time to purchase the equipment you will need for the course, such as masks, snorkel, wetsuit boots and adjustable fins.) It's easy , we promise!
Finally, your daily schedule for dives are as follows:
- Day 1: Meet at the dive shop for orientation night, 6 pm - 7 pm, gear purchase, complete paperwork, photo and quiz!
- Day 2: Meet at the pool. 9 am- 2 pm. We are lucky enough to use the largest & deepest pool in the area! Brandon Aquatic Center swimming pool just a 20 minute drive from the shop. All of the basics of scuba are learned and mastered in the pool before you progress to open Water. Your day will finish at approximately 2:00pm. Emergency scenario's, gas management, and deep water entries & exits will be covered before progressing to open water dives the following weekend!
- Day 3: On the second Saturday, you will complete Open Water Dives #1 & 2. Usually, these will be conducted at a local dive site(freshwater site). These locations enable us to complete many of the skills from shore to facilitate completion. Dive site fees are not included.
- Day 4: The following day (Sunday) you will complete Open Water Dives #3 & 4, in the Gulf of Mexico (weather permitting) or a freshwater site to be announced. Although we plan some all our dive excursions from boats, inclement weather may force us to dive in alternate land based locations for the sole purpose of being able to complete your dive training. Most day's dives will be completed by 12.00 noon. Dive site fees are not included.
Upon returning (and passing) you will be issued a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your PADI certification card online so you will get your permanent license in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world. You will also then be qualified to take the PADI Advanced Diver course as well numerous specialty classes like Wreck Diver and Underwater Photographer. All students that graduate will receive a $50 credit towards the next class if purchased within 30 days of completing with Open Water Class.
5 Reasons to Buy From
Your Local Dive Store
1. Expert Advice
Odds are your dealer is a seasoned diver with years of dive experience. Take advantage of that experience and ask questions.
2. Hands-on Inspection and Choices
Seeing a photo and reading a product description online is fine, but seeing, handling and asking questions about a product in person can't be beat. Considering a new mask, BC or drysuit? Nothing compares to having several models side by side and then trying them on.
3. Need your tank filled or a rental?
Try ordering 3,000 PSI of air or renting your gear over the internet! Without your local dive store, there is no diving! So it's in your best interest to support your local dive store!
4. The Learning Experience
Dive stores offer learning resources for both beginners and experienced divers. These classes, pool sessions and open water dives will never be offered online.
Dive store owners like to keep their customers happy with great deals. Make a friend of your local dive store and dealer! Support your local dive store and you will be surprised at how much they will support you if you give them the opportunity!