- Reservations are required
- Student record file
- Minimum age 12, students under 15 will receive a Jr Advanced diver that can be upgraded once 15 years old
- Under 18 need a parent or guardians approval & signature
$329.99 - 379.99 cost changes due to scheduling and dive changes!
The price for the Advanced certification class is $150.00 + dives, Books & Hotel (if applicable), but can vary with different destinations. This price includes text book, all boat fees, Hotel room (double occupancy), instruction, scuba rental gear and the license. Personal gear (mask snorkel, fins, wetsuit*, timing device, compass and flashlight if you do the night dive) are not included.
* Wetsuits are available for rental
Reservations are required.
- *SPECIAL ADD COMPUTER NITROX CERT FOR JUST $109.99* (Minimum age is 15 for Nitrox)
- Minimum age is 10, and those under 18 need a parent or guardians approval and signature.
- Although not required, we recommend that all divers have diving insurance. The cost is very low in comparison to the benefits. DAN Insurance
Want to start sooner? How about right now! Click on the link above and you can do all the academic work, quizzes and final exam all on line now, in the comfort of your home.. or anywhere with an Internet connection. When you have completed the e-learning portion you then will only need to complete the water training with us to complete the class.
All the dives you do in this class counts towards the correlating specialty class. The Gulf of Mexico offers great Wreck diving and Spearfishing while middle & south Florida have great Wreck & Drift diving and are considered to be the "Wreckreational" Dive Capital of the World. There are over 80 wrecks in the Miami/West Palm Beach area alone. Drift diving is the "Norm" and is done in these areas where the current can be heavy So, we feel that a concentration on drift diving is paramount.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver Course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Most advanced divers stay very active in local diving.